Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Two for Tuesday

I am linking up with The Teaching Tribune for my first 2 for Tuesday. I do not have many things in my TPT store, but I am slowly making and adding things. I usually make things that I need in my classroom, and then offer them on TPT. Almost all of my products are free, but there are some products that took a lot of time to make that are not free.

My Reading Castle Bunting Flags are on sale today and tomorrow for $1.00. These flags can be cut out, laminated and displayed in a reading area. I have a reading castle, so mine will hang in front of that. You can just use the letters to spell "Reading". 
I haven't been able to get started on decorating in my classroom, but I have printed and laminated the flags. Now I just have to decide if I want to use yellow or green ribbon to hang them. I use a lot of green and yellow in my room along with my monkey theme.

Here they are on the floor of my bedroom.


The second item I have for sale is the Classroom Jobs signs. I have a generic version for free, and this version with the colored frames is on sale for $1.50 today and tomorrow. I want to let each of my kindergarten students have a job that lasts for a month or a 9 weeks period. This will help keep our room more organized and will allow them to take pride in the classroom too. 


There are 28 job cards in this pack. You do not have to use them all, but there is a great variety of jobs included. I have printed and laminated these. I will post a picture of them when I get them displayed in my room.



Here is a picture of these on my bedroom floor. I have assigned jobs for our centers. These students will be in charge of straightening the center at the end of the day. Some of these centers are a mess by the end of the week, and I am hoping that having one student in charge of that center will help keep them straight. My students are taught how to use the center materials correctly and how to clean up properly, but sometimes we just need someone to go behind them to keep things straight and organized!

Both of these products will be 50% off today and tomorrow!

I stumbled upon this twitter chat last Tuesday night and wanted to share it. It works well if you have Tweet Deck. It is an app for Macs and I think you can visit the website if you have a Windows computer. This was a fun twitter chat to participate in. I was able to meet some teacher bloggers and follow their blogs. Check it out tonight at 9pm eastern!





1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of your reading castle!! That is so awesome!! Your products look fabulous, great job! I love the idea of every kinder having a job, what a great way to get them more involved in the daily classroom life. I haven't ventured into the world of Twitter yet...maybe tonight, thanks for the heads up!! So glad I met you through the linky party! Make sure to stop by my blog and grab a freebie and enter my very first giveaway!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete